H.E Gil Haskel was born in 1965, In Jerusalem, Israel. He graduated with B.A. in Psychology and Political Science from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Prior to his appointment as the Ambassador of Israel to Kenya, he served in various capacities in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
- Director, Economic Department III, Economic Affairs Division.
- Head of NGO Liaison Unit International Organizations Division.
- Counselor, Head of Japan Desk, Asia & Pacific Division.
- Political Counselor & Spokesman, Embassy of Israel, Tokyo Japan.
- Director, Cadet Training program, Training Division.
- First Secretary, Turkey Desk, European Affairs Division.
- Second Secretary and Spokesman, Embassy of Israel, New Delhi – India.
- Cadet Training program in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Military Service – Major (Artillery).
In 1998 he was honored with the Prize of Excellence by the Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel.
H.E Gil Haskel is married with four children.