Dear Friends Shalom,
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the website of the Embassy of Israel in Kenya.
This website is intended to serve as a useful and user-friendly platform to provide relevant and updated information on the relationship between Israel and Kenya, on issues regarding bilateral relations as well as the broader economic, cultural and political affairs. The website also provides an introduction to Israel; the economy, society, business, politics, tourism, history, technology, agriculture and more.
We believe that this website is pivotal in building bridges between our peoples and providing information about the development of our ties. We also hope that you will appreciate the news items intended to keep you updated on important events relating to the broad cooperation and relations between Israel and Kenya.
We hope that as you explore our website, your interest in Israel will increase. We welcome your valuable comments and suggestions and we will be pleased to respond.
Looking forward to fostering good relations between our countries, God bless Kenya, God bless Israel !
Ambassador of Israel to Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi and Seychelles
Profile of Amb. Shalom Cohen
Amb. Shalom Cohen was born in 1955.
He holds a BA in International Relations from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and a MA in Political Science and Security Studies from Haifa University.
He is also a:
- Graduate of the National Security Institute, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) -Ministry of
- Graduate of “Resolution of International Crises and Conflicts” Course, Academy of
Peace, UN, New York.
- Graduate of the Senior Executive Seminar of NESA (Near East and South Asia) Center
for Strategic Studies, U.S. Department of Defense, Washington DC.
- Graduate of Senior Seminar of NATO Defense College, Middle East Faculty, Rome,
- Senior fellow of Washington Institute for near east research, Washington DC.
Prior to his appointment as Ambassador of Israel to Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Seychelles and Malawi, he served as:
- Second Secretary – Embassy of Israel Kinshasa - Congo (Zaire) [1987 – 1989]
- Consul – Israeli Consulate General, Montreal Canada.[ 1989 – 1991]
- First Secretary – North American Division, MFA – Jerusalem [1991 – 1993]
- Political Counselor – Embassy of Israel, Brussels – Belgium [1993 – 1995]
- Head of Israel Mission, Tunis – Tunisia [1996 – 2000]
- Director – North Africa Department, MFA – Jerusalem [2000 – 2003]
- Deputy Director General – Head of Middle East and the Peace Process Division – MFA
Jerusalem [2003 – 2005]
- Ambassador of Israel to Egypt [2005 – 2010]
- Deputy Director General – Bureau for Coordination, MFA – Jerusalem [2010 – 2014]