Dear Friends Shalom,
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the website of the Embassy of Israel in Kenya.
This website is intended to serve as a useful and user-friendly platform to provide relevant and updated information on the relationship between Israel and Kenya, on issues regarding bilateral relations as well as the broader economic, cultural and political affairs. The website also provides an introduction to Israel; the economy, society, business, politics, tourism, history, technology, agriculture and more.
We believe that this website is pivotal in building bridges between our peoples and providing information about the development of our ties. We also hope that you will appreciate the news items intended to keep you updated on important events relating to the broad cooperation and relations between Israel and Kenya.
We hope that as you explore our website, your interest in Israel will increase. We welcome your valuable comments and suggestions and we will be pleased to respond.
Looking forward to fostering good relations between our countries, God bless Kenya, God bless Israel !
Ambassador of Israel to Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi and Seychelles
Profile of H.E Gil Haskel
H.E Gil Haskel was born in 1965, In Jerusalem, Israel. He graduated with B.A. in Psychology and Political Science from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Prior to his appointment as the Ambassador of Israel to Kenya, he served in various capacities in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
- Director, Economic Department III, Economic Affairs Division.
- Head of NGO Liaison Unit International Organizations Division.
- Counselor, Head of Japan Desk, Asia & Pacific Division.
- Political Counselor & Spokesman, Embassy of Israel, Tokyo Japan.
- Director, Cadet Training program, Training Division.
- First Secretary, Turkey Desk, European Affairs Division.
- Second Secretary and Spokesman, Embassy of Israel, New Delhi – India.
- Cadet Training program in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Military Service – Major (Artillery).
In 1998 he was honored with the Prize of Excellence by the Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel.
H.E Gil Haskel is married with four children.