Registering a Child who was Born Abroad to Israeli Citizens

Registering a Child who was Born Abroad to Israeli

    Section 11 of the Registration of Population Law states that "A resident to whom a child is born abroad must notify the registration clerk of his child's registration details, within 30 days."
  • Procedure for Submitting "Notification of the Birth of an Israeli Citizen Abroad"

    In order to register a child who was born abroad to Israeli citizens, one of the Israeli parents must appear in person before the diplomatic / consular representative at the mission and implement the registration process, during which the following will be required:
    - The original birth certificate, verified with an apostille stamp in countries that are signatories to the 1961 Hague Convention, or presentation of a certificate verified by the relevant authority in that country.
    - Both parents' original passports (Israeli & American).
    - If the parents are married and there is no record to that effect in the Population Registry of the State of Israel, please refer to the Personal Status Update section in our website.
  • Issuing a Passport for a Minor who was Just Registered


    you must bring to the consulate the following:

    - Application for a New Passport, filled out and signed (click here to download Form #1 - Application for a New Passport)

    - Two passport pictures

    - 36$ passport fee + 11$ return shipment fee = 47$



Site map