Here is your guideline for receiving a student visa (for additional information visit the Consular Services page)
Student Visas will be issued for American citizens holding a valid American passport (for at least one year). The visa will be valid for one year and for multiple entries
Please send to the nearest Israeli Embassy or Consulate (listed below) the following:
1. Completed application form. (click here to download the Application for a Visa to Enter Israel)
2. Two current passport pictures, facing forward (size 2" x 2" on a white background)
3. Original letter of acceptance from the educational institution.
4. Passport or travel document that is valid for at least a year from the date of entrance to Israel.
5. Round-trip flight ticket or itinerary.
6. Statement from your bank showing that you have funds to support your stay in Israel while you are a student, if you are a minor you can bring a statement from your parents bank.
7. Valid re-entry visa to the United States (excluding a tourist visa) or a copy of permanent residency (Green card). If you are currently residing illegally in the United States you will not be able to receive a visa. support your stay in Israel while you are a student
8. A minor under the age of 18, must present a notarized letter from both parents permitting him/her to travel
9. Processing fees - click here to open the table of fees.
All consular fees are to be made in cash, credit card (except AMEX) or money order only.
Processing time is approximately two weeks.
A student visa is valid only for one year. Extension should be made in Israel. Your visa can be extended (fee required) at the Ministry of the Interior.
Ministry of the Interior contact information in Israel
Jerusalem – 24 Hilell Street 02-6294726
Tel Aviv – 125 Menachem Begin Street 03-5193305
Haifa – 15 Pal-Yam 04-8633333
Eilat – Ha-Tamarim Street, City Center, 2nd Floor 08-6381333
Tiberias – 23 Zaki Elkhadif 04-6729111
Ben-Gurion Airport – 03-9774200/1/2
The consular departments at the Consulates and Embassies in North America
Embassy of Israel
Responsible for Washington, DC - Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C.
3514 International Dr. N.W, Washington, DC 20008
Tel: 202- 364-5527
Consulate General - Atlanta, Georgia
Responsible for Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina
1100 Spring St., N.W. Suite 440, Atlanta, GA 30309-2823
Tel: 404-487-6500 (#1)
Consulate General of Israel to New England
Responsible for Boston, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
20 Park Plaza, Suite 1020, Boston, MA 02116
Tel: 617- 535-0280
Consulate General of Israel to the Midwest
Responsible for Chicago, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
500 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60661
Consulate General - Houston, Texas
Responsible for Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
24 Greenway Plaza # 1500, Houston, TX. 77046
Consulate General of Israel, Los Angeles
Responsible for Arizona, California (Southern), Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming
11766 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
Consulate General to Florida and Puerto Rico
Responsible for Miami, Florida, Puerto Rico
100 North Biscayne Blvd. Suite 1800, Miami, Florida 33132
Tel: 305-925-9400 Ext. 1
Consulate General of Israel in New York
Responsible for Connecticut, New Jersey (Northern), New York
800 Second Avenue between 42nd and 43rd Street
Tel: 212- 499-5000#1
Consulate General in Philadelphia
Responsible for Delaware, Kentucky, New Jersey (Southern), Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia
1880 JFK Blvd., suite 1818, Philadelphia, A 19103
Consulate General of Israel to the Pacific Northwest
Responsible for San Francisco, Alaska, California (Northern), Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
456 Montgomery Street, Suite 2100, San Francisco, CA 94104
Embassy of Israel in Ottawa
Responsible for the eastern part of Ontario (Ottawa up to and including Kingston)
Address: 50 O’Connor Street, Suite 1005
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6L2
Tel: 613-567-6450 ext: 505
Consulate General of Israel, Toronto
Consulate General of Israel, Montreal
Responsible for the Provinces of Ontario (West of Kingston), Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Colombia
180 Bloor Street West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2V6
Responsible for Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland & Labrador
1 Westmount Square, Suite 650, Westmount, Quebec, H3Z 2P9Tel: (514) 940-8525Fax: (514) 940-8555Email: Consular2@montreal.mfa.gov.il