Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 leeks (white part only), finely sliced
- tablespoon butter
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) fresh spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 100 g (4 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
1. Melt the butter in a large deep skillet and sauté the leeks until soft and translucent but not brown.
2. Add spinach and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Season gently − remember that the cheese is quite salty.
3. Break the eggs one by one and slide onto the spinach. Arrange the yolks around the pan. Sprinkle the cheese around the pan.
4. Turn heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the egg whites set, 5-7 minutes. Serve immediately.