2 Cups Red Lentils
4 Tbsp. Oil
5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Cumin
Salt, Pepper to taste
1) Rinse the lentils in lots of water and drain.
2) Heat 3 table spoons of oil in a large pot and add garlic. Cook for 1 minute on medium heat…don't burn the garlic!
3) Add the lentils and water to cover; bring to boil.
4) Add salt, pepper and cumin.
5) Reduce heat to low and "forget" it for minimum of 1 hour.
The longer it cooks– the better the soup will taste!
Add water if needed. This recipe can be made ahead and reheated. It will probably thicken, so add more water.
Optional – Add chicken soup powder to taste when you add the water.
Enjoy the winter! What a wonderful time to be with family and enjoy wonderful recipes.