You can't go wrong with this first course… always colorful and refreshing…
Be creative with the salad…whatever you have in your refrigerator… some green leaves, one mushroom, 2-3 sliced cherry tomatoes, 3 nice pieces of cucumber, 2-3 walnuts, 2 colors of berries (Black, blue) and even one strawberry…and how about green onion (scallions) on top… (my friend also adds 2 pieces of cut apples or pears..)
The dressing should be the best… combine half a cup olive oil, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1-2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, some soy sauce to taste and 1-2 Tablespoons of honey… You must test it before and add more to taste… it's really individual preference, and we like it sweet…
In the same plate you serve the best salmon recipe which I got from our friend Yoel…
So, what do you need?
2 Lbs. whole fillet Salmon – fresh
5-6 Fresh dill (whole sprigs, not chopped)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
4 garlic cloves – crushed
1/4 cup dijon mustard (with seeds or without)
1. Place the whole salmon on tray
2. Shake the marinade ingredients well and pour on Salmon
3. Cover the tray with foil and put to rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours
5. Take out the Salmon from this tray without the marinade and place in baking tray (but reserve the marinade) Bake 10 minutes covered with aluminum foil at 190 degrees Celsius/375 Fahrenheit
6. Remove the aluminum foil, pour the marinade on top to cover, add fresh dill sprigs, and bake another 10 minutes (without foil).
7. Even if it looks raw don't keep baking… it might be dry…
Cut in individual pieces. Serve hot or cold next to the salad… Yummy...
Bon Appetite and B'teavon!
Yours, Nitz Gilad