Israeli Elections 2013, 22 of January
Israeli Tahini Almond Cookies vs. Israeli Honey Cookies
Israeli Tahini Almond Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (140 g) whole wheat flour
3/4 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 stick (150 grams) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tsp. water
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. raw tahini paste
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC) degrees. Line two baking sheets
with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, blend the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour,
ground almonds, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt, and process until
the mixture looks crumbly.
3. Add water and tahini and process until a smooth dough begins to
form. Remove the dough from the food processor bowl and knead it
a few times on the counter until smooth. (If the dough feels very dry,
dampen your hands and knead the dough slightly.)
4. Create small balls of the dough, place them on the baking sheet,
then flatten each one slightly with your fingers.
5. Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
Israeli Honey Cookies
1/2 CUP Shortening
1/2 cup - Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup, sifted All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped Nuts
1/2 cup Seedless raisins
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate morsels-1 package, chopped
1. In a bowl, beat together shortening and honey until light
2. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt
and add to creamed mixture.
4. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
5. Take a greased baking sheet and drop batter with teaspoon
on it. Flatten with tines of a fork.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes
Yours, Nitza Gilad