The Department of Innovation and Economic Affairs at the Consulate General of Israel to New England Is responsible for increasing and advancing economic development and commercial collaboration between New England and the State of Israel.
Our office works closely with the financial community, venture capital funds, leading international companies and top research institutes. This enables us to establish platforms for productive business and technology collaboration throughout New England.
Through our contacts in the region, our department can identify new business opportunities for entrepreneurs, business and organizations.
We provide a wide range of services:
· Funding opportunities - Provide support and guidance for Israeli companies interested in raising capital through Venture Capital funds, Angels and financial institutions as well as dedicated grants and programs.
· Investment - Identify investment opportunities for U.S. companies interested in investing in Israeli technology or in the venture capital industry.
· Global expansion – Explore new business opportunities for companies that are interested in expanding their global reach.
· Operational support - Assistance in locating appropriate service providers in a variety of field (Including legal, financial, consulting, logistics, human resources and business development).
· Co-marketing activities – Enhance business growth through organizing and participating in conferences, exhibitions, seminars and professional forums.
· Employment – Assistance in exploring new career opportunities by connecting directly to Human Resources departments and Head Hunters.
Vertical Focus Areas
With our local partners, we have established several focus areas where we can play an important role in helping and supporting entrepreneurs and address important global challenges.
While trying to service all possible industry segments in New England, our primary focus is on the following industries:
· Alternative Energy and Clean Technologies
· Information Technologies
· Financial Services.
· Life Sciences and Medical Devices
· Advanced Agricultural Technologies Information
· Homeland Security Technologies
The Consulate's district encompasses Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.