Over 200,000 course participants from approximately 140 countries, in Israel and abroad, have been trained. Dozens of demonstration projects worldwide in areas of Israeli expertise has also been developed by MASHAV.
• Mashav works on areas in which Israel has a comparative advantage and/or accumulated expertise with belief that our greatest contribution can be made in fields where Israel has expertise directly relevant to emerging nations. The list of such fields is extensive, including: water resource management and irrigation, desert agriculture and combat of desertification, early childhood employment programs amongst others.
• Mashav is committed to cooperation throughout the developing world and does not limit her activities to a small number of target countries. Our focus is on areas of expertise rather than on geographical areas, extending our hand of partnership wherever Israel’s experience is relevant.
• Mashav identifies relevant micro-project activities that can serve as a catalyst for wider-scale development, targeting the grassroots in many countries.
• Our belief is that training of trainers and other capacity building activities is the best way to achieve maximum impact in development activity since education which leads to empowerment is the surest guarantee of sustainable growth.
• Mashav seeks cooperative projects with other development organizations, offering partnership in areas in which Israel has comparative advantage, to all development agencies, governmental as well as non-governmental, international agencies and development banks. MASHAV’s experience with such joint projects, often on a cost-sharing basis, has been very positive; broadening the impact of MASHAV’s potential contribution and the efficacy of the projects undertaken.
• Mashav believes that development cooperation can and should be used to forge bonds of peaceful cooperation with Israel’s neighbors regardless of the political climate.